Ask anyone on staff, they'll tell you they keep coming back because of the family-feel, and we'd love to grow our family!
Keltie and Company Catering, which has Angry Donkey restaurant and a busy catering division is actively looking for a sous chef to help us grow our business.
The Angry Donkey is a full-service, family-friendly restaurant, offering a wide variety of Hoosier-inspired cuisine. Whenever possible, our Chef uses locally sourced products, including meat, produce, and dairy. Located on historic and scenic Highway 421in Michigantown, we are a destination dining experience within a close-knit community.
We are looking for a professional Sous Chef to be the second in command in our kitchen, following our Chef’s specifications and guidelines. The successful candidate will employ their culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
• Helping in the preparation and design of all food menus
• Producing high quality plates both design and taste
• Ensuring that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
Sanitation rotation and kitchen cleanliness are of utmost importance
Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
• Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
• Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
• Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
• Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
• 1-2 years of experience as a Sous Chef or Lead Cook
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
Salary commensurate with experience
Full time position, 35-45 hours/week